One fan's quest to ride and review every attraction at the Disney Theme Parks.
SUBSCRIBE NOW: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | RSS
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 24:59 — 34.4MB) | Embed
http://www.attractionchecklist.com – Let’s see what entertainment Main Street USA at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom has to offer as we experience Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade and a performance by The Dapper Dans on this episode of Attraction Checklist. Attraction audio recorded on July 15, 2022.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
This episode we experience two Magic Kingdom Main Street USA Attractions: Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade and The Dapper Dans.
Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade is lazily described in the guide map by saying: Favorite Disney pals march along the parade route throughout the day. The Dapper Dans are not mentioned in the guide maps that I’ve seen but are described on the Disney World Website by saying: This lively barbershop quartet sings in harmony, tap dances in time and charms audiences with vaudeville humor.
Both of these attractions are listed as being for all ages.
Before we stake out our spot on Main Street, here are five fast facts about Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade and The Dapper Dans.
1. Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade is a short pop up parade that debuted for Walt Disney World’s 50th Celebration. It ran several times daily through March 2023 when it ended its run.
2. Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade features appearances by Mini Mouse, Goofy, Donald and Daisy, Pluto, Chip and Dale and, of course, Mickey Mouse.
3. The Dapper Dans have been performing on Main Street USA at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom since the park’s opening in 1971.
4. The bell like instruments played by The Dapper Dans are called Deagen Organ Chimes.
5. During the holidays season, The Dapper Dans will add Christmas songs to their repertoire. And during Halloween events they are rebranded as The Cadaver Dans and sing a selection of spooky tunes.
Let’s now head to Main Street to check out not one, but two attractions. John B. deHaas is along for the fun and we’ll give you our thoughts on these attractions as we experience them. These are binaural recordings so if you have headphone put them on now as we experience Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade and The Dapper Dans at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2023 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco