Walt Disney World Railroad – Magic Kingdom – Attraction Checklist #109
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:16 — 37.5MB) | Embed
http://www.attractionchecklist.com – All aboard! It’s time to take a Grand Circle Tour of Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom aboard the Walt Disney World Railroad. Recorded on October 29, 2016.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
This episode we hop aboard the Walt Disney World Railroad for a Grand Circle Tour of Magic Kingdom. The Walt Disney World Website describes this attraction by saying: Steam ahead on a vintage train for a grand circle tour of Magic Kingdom park. There are no age or height requirements for this attraction.
Before we hop the train at Main Street, here are five fast facts about the Walt Disney World Railroad.
1. The Walt Disney World Railroad opened with Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971.
2. When the park opened in 1971, guests could only take a Grand Circle Tour as there were no stations other than Main Street. The Frontierland Station opened on May 1, 1972. That station was demolished and rebuilt in 1990 to make way for Splash Mountain. The third station, then called Mickey’s Birthdayland Station opened on June 18, 1988. That station was also demolished, rebuilt and demolishes again and the current Fantasyland Station opened on March 12, 2012.
3. The four locomotives that work the line all have unique names. They are the Walter E. Disney, the Lilly Belle, the Roger E. Broggie (named after the man who oversaw the construction of the Walt Disney World Railroad, and the Roy O. Disney.
4. During a normal day of operation, each locomotive uses 25 gallons of fuel and 200 gallos of water per hour.
5. On a normal day, there are only two trains running. On a busy day, three will run on the line.
Let’s take a Grand Circle Tour of Magic Kingdom on the Walt Disney Railroad. After we ride, I’ll give you my thoughts on this attraction. This is a binaural recording so if you have headphones put them on now as we ride the Walt Disney World Railroad at Magic Kingdom!
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2020 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco