Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln – Disneyland – Attraction Checklist #132
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:11 — 40.2MB) | Embed
Attraction audio recorded on March 8, 2022.
It’s time to hear some words of inspiration as we head to Disneyland to watch Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln on this episode of Attraction Checklist.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
This episode we visit Main Street U.S.A. at Disneyland to watch Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.
The Disneyland Resort website describes this attraction saying: Revel in the stirring oratory of Abraham Lincoln—delivered in person—and explore rare Disneyland memorabilia.
There are no age or height requirements for this attraction and the thrill level describes this attraction as being Dark.
Before we blast off, here are five fast facts about Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.
1. Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln has its origins in the 1964 New York World’s Fair where the show was the prime feature of the State of Illinois Pavilion. A year later the show debuted at Disneyland on July 18, 1965. Over there years there have been some show tweaks and name changes and now Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln is an element of the broader Disney Attraction The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln which debuted on December 18, 2009.
2. As you’ll hear in the pre-show, Lincoln is voiced by actor Royal Dano. The recording in the current version of the show includes portions of the original World’s Fair version of the show but made from, then, newly discovered recordings of Dano’s performance.
3. The model of the Capitol Building in the lobby of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln took 3 years to carve from stone.
4. The present day version of this attraction shares some similarities with Epcot’s American Adventure. Not only are the songs Two Brothers and Golden Dream featured in the show, the 12 Spirits of America featured in The American Adventure can bee seen in the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln lobby area.
5. While the Lincoln audio-animatronic has always been state of the art, in 2009 it made the jump from hydraulics to electronic giving it more of a range of motion.
Let’s head to the lobby to catch the pre-show. After the show, I’ll give you my thoughts on this attraction. This is a binaural recording so if you have headphones put them on now as we watch Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland.
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2022 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco