Harmonious – EPCOT – Walt Disney World – Attraction Checklist 144
Join me as I head to EPCOT to see for the first time and bid farewell to the nighttime spectacular Harmonious on this episode of Attraction Checklist.
Attraction audio recorded on February 25, 2023.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
This episode we experience EPCOT’s current (as of this recording in March of 2023) nighttime spectacular Harmonious.
There are no age or height requirements for Harmonious and the guide map describes it by saying, “Discover how Disney music and stories have the power to bring people from all around the world together to unlock the magic of possibility.” There is no thrill level listed for this attraction.
Before we head to World Showcase Lagoon, here are 5 more fast facts about Harmonious.
1. Harmonious was announced at the D23 Destination D event in 2018. It was set to replace EPCOT Forever in 2020 but was delayed to 2021 due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. After a few test performances, Harmonious officially debuted on October 1, 2021. The show replaced Epcot Forever which we covered on episode 94 of this podcast.
2. The show make use of pyrotechnics, choreographed water fountains, lasers, searchlights, floating set pieces and LED screens
3. The show’s barges are collectively known as The Compass. The four arc-shaped barges are named after the nearest intersecting World Showcase pavilion. They are Mexico, Germany, Canada and France. The center platform holds a six story tall ring that houses a high pressure water curtain for show projections.
4. An album featuring the show’s soundtrack was released by Walt Disney Records on October 29, 2021.
5. On September 11, 2022, Disney announced that Harmonious would have it’s last performance on April 2, 2023, to be replaced by the returning Epcot Forever.
Let’s check out Harmonious at EPCOT. This recording captures the first (and last) time I’ll be seeing the show so I’ll give you my thoughts afterwards. This is a binaural recording so If you have headphones, put them on now as we experience Harmonious at Walt Disney World’s EPCOT!
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2023 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco