Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – Disneyland – Attraction Checklist #147
Let’s head to Toontown in Disneyland to check out the west coast version of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Attraction audio recorded on July 31, 2023.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
This episode we are visiting the newly reimagined Toontown at Disneyland to ride Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
There are no age or height requirements for this attraction and the Disneyland website describes it by saying, “Zoom off on a wild and wacky adventure through Mickey and Minnie’s madcap cartoon world.” The Thrill Level describes this attraction as being Dark, Loud and Slow.
Before we present our tickets at the El CapiTOON Theater, here are 5 fast facts about Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
1. On April 19, 2019, Disney announced that Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway would open at Disneyland Park in 2022. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway officially opened at Disneyland on January 27, 2023.
2. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is a copy of the attraction of the same name at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World, but the queue are is different. At Disneyland guests enter the attraction through the El CapiTOON Theater in Toontown. On display is a collection of “props” from Mickey Mouse cartoons called “Mickey Through The Ears.”
3. The popcorn seen in the queue’s faux concession stand is shaped like Mickey, Minnie & Donald.
4. Minnie Mouse’s voice actor Russi Taylor passed away after recording her lines for this attraction. The song Nothing Can Stop Us Now, featured in the attraction, was dedicated to her memory.
5. During the construction of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Toontoown at Disneyland got a refresh including new faux hills that line the back of all the buildings of Toontown.
Let’s head to the theater to experience Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. Joining me for the ride is John B. deHaas. Hang out after the ride audio to hear what we thought of this Disneyland version of the attraction. These are binaural recordings so if you have headphone put them on now as we experience Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland.
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2023 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco