Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – Disneyland – Attraction Checklist #119
http://www.attractionchecklist.com – Hang on to your hats and glasses because we’re riding the wildest ride in the wilderness, Disneyland’s Big Thunder Mountain on this episode of Attraction Checklist. Recorded on May 18, 2021.
This episode we head to Frontierland in Disneyland to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The Disneyland Resort website describes this attraction saying: Streak through a haunted gold mine aboard a speeding train on this thrilling coaster-style ride. Guests musts be 40” or taller in order to ride and the Thrill Level describes the ride as being a Thrill Ride that is Dar, Loud and has small drops.
Before we chew on some dynamite, here are five fast facts about Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad opened at Disneyland on September 2, 1979.
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland is built on an area of the park previously occupied by the Mine Train through Nature’s Wonderland Attraction. The town that you pass at the very end of the ride is the town of Rainbow Ridge and it used to overlook the loading platform of the Mine Train attraction. Many of the attraction’s animatronic animals are also repurposed from Mine Train through Nature’s Wonderland.
3. The attraction features 6 trains that all have different names. Those names are I.M. Brave, I.M. Bold, I.B. Hearty, U.R. Fearless, U.B. Courageous and U.R. Daring.
4. Several of the attraction’s train sound effects were recorded and used in the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
5. The trains can reach speeds of up to 35 miles per hour (or 56 Kilometers per hour) during the 3 minutes adventures.
Let’s ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Along for the adventure is John B. deHaas and after we ride we’ll give you our thoughts on this attraction. This is a binaural recording so if you have headphones put them on now as we ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland.
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2021 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco