Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Attraction Checklist #138
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 18:46 — 25.9MB) | Embed
We just got invited to a premiere of a new Mickey Mouse cartoon called Perfect Picnic! What could go wrong? Let’s find out as we head to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to ride and review Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway on this episode of Attraction Checklist!
Attraction audio recorded on July 14, 2022.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
This episode we visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios to ride Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway!
There are no age or height requirements for this attraction and the guide map describes the ride saying, “Burst into a cartoon world with Mickey and Minnie on a wacky train trip.”
Before we head off to the big premiere, here are five fast facts about Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
1. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway was first announced at D23 in July 2017. The attraction opened at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on March 4, 2020, replacing the iconic The Great Movie Ride Attraction.
2. This trackless attraction features a new technology known as 2 and 1/2 D or 3D without glasses to give depth to the 2D environments.
3. The 1401 Flower Show seen during the attraction is a tribute to the home of Walt Disney Imagineering which is located at 1401 Flower Street in Glendale, CA.
4. The attraction features several sound effects created by Disney Legend Jimmy MacDonald for Disney animated shorts dating back to the 1930s; some new effects were developed using Macdonald’s original equipment.
5. Though this attraction replaced the beloved The Great Movie Ride attraction, there is a tribute to what came before in a Great Moving Ride poster during the theme park section of the ride.
Let’s check out Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway! John B. deHaas is joining me once again and we’ll give you our thoughts on this attraction after we ride. if you have headphones, put them on now as we ride Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2022 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco