Peter Pan’s Flight – Magic Kingdom – Walt Disney World – Attraction Checklist #140
http://www.attractionchecklist.com – Come with John and I as we head towards the second star to the right and straight on ’til morning! We’re headed to Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World to ride Pete Pan’s Flight on this episode of Attraction Checklist! Attraction audio recorded on July 15, 2022.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
This episode we ride Peter Pan’s Flight at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
There are no age or height requirements for this attraction and the guide map describes the ride saying, “Fly with Peter Pan aboard a magical ship.” The thrill level describes Peter Pan’s Flight as a slow ride with small drops.
Before we visit Never Land, here are five fast facts about Peter Pan’s Flight at Magic Kingdom.
1. Peter Pan’s Flight opened at Magic Kingdom on October 3, 1971, two days after the park opened.
2. When Peter Pan’s Flight opened at Magic Kingdom it followed a similar design as Peter Pan’s Flight at Disneyland in California, even reusing some of the same sounds from that attraction. The Magic Kingdom version featured added scenes and used Audio-Animatronic figures. (As a note: we rode and reviewed Peter Pan’s Flight at Disneyland in episode 85 of Attraction Checklist.
3. Captain Hook’s pirate ship in this attraction is a whopping 48 feet long.
4. In 2014, the ride’s queue area was upgraded to make is seem you are walking through the Darling’s Nursery. The queue now features interactive elements and appearances by Tinker Bell.
5. As you fly through the Nursery at the beginning of the ride, keep an eye out for a pile of children’s block that spell out: Disney.
Let’s ride Peter Pan’s Flight! John B. deHaas joins me once again and we’ll give you our thoughts on this attraction after we ride. If you have headphones, put them on now as we ride Peter Pan’s Flight at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom!
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2022 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco