Mission: SPACE Orange Mission – Epcot – Attraction Checklist #115
http://www.attractionchecklist.com – Are you going to be the navigator, pilot, commander, or engineer? Whichever one you pick you’d better hold on and push your buttons at the right time as we experience the Orange Mission of Epcot’s Mission: SPACE on this episode of Attraction Checklist! Recorded on August 13, 2017.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
Strap in! This episode we’re headed to Epcot to ride the much maligned Orange Mission of Mission: SPACE. Located in Future World East, the guide map describes this attraction by saying: Experience NASA-style training with a simulated space launch.
We covered the updated 2017 Green Mission of Mission: SPACE on Attraction Checklist episode 37. So here are Before we ride, here are five fast facts about the Orange mission of Mission: SPACE.
1. Though it was updated in 2017, the Orange Mission of Mission Space can trace its intense history back to the ride’s opening in 2003 as that when the original version of the Orange Mission debuted. The updated version recorded for this episode debuted on August 13, 2017 which is the day this audio was recorded.
2. The cost to build the attraction was $100 million Dollars.
3. When the ride opened in 2003, several NASA austronuats were on hand for the celebration.
4. Mission: SPACE’s Orange Mission exposes riders to forces up to 2.5Gs, more than twice the force the gravity of Earth’s Surface.
5. Mission: SPACE replaced the iconic Epcot attraction Horizons. There are small tributes to the classic attraction in the form of Horison logos in the queue and during the pre-show.
Let’s blast off on Mission: SPACE’s Orange Mission. This is a binaural recording so if you have headphones put them on now as we experience the Orange Mission or Epcot’s Mission: SPACE.
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2021 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco