‘it’s a small world’ Holiday – Disneyland – Attraction Checklist #108
http://www.attractionchecklist.com – The holidays are here so let’s set sail on the Merriest Attraction on Earth, ‘it’s a small world’ Holiday! Recorded on November 16, 2016.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
The holidays are here and to celebrate we’re headed to Disneyland to ride “it’s a small world” Holiday!
The Disneyland website describes this attraction saying: Celebrate the splendor of the season with a festive yuletide version of this classic attraction—during Holidays at the Disneyland Resort.
There are no Age or Height Requirements for this attraction and the Thrill Level describes it as being a slow water ride that is loud. Fastpass is available for this attraction.
Before we sail around the world, here are five fast facts about ‘it’s a small world’ Holiday.
1. ‘It’s a small world’ Holiday debuted at Disneyland during the 1997 holiday season.
2. During the overlay there are over a million individual lights used on the attraction.
3. The overlay proved to be so popular, it led to the installation of Fastpass machines for this attraction.
4. When the overlay opened in 1997, the smell of peppermint gingerbread was added to the European room. In 2019, three more scents were added: cherry blossoms in Asian, cinnamon in South America and coconut in the South Seas.
5. During the overlay, the outside facade gets decorated too! 50,000 lights are used to illuminate the façade with an additional 350,000 mini-lights brightening the trees
And now let’s ride The Merriest Attraction on Earth! After we do, I’ll give you my thoughts on this holiday favorite. This is a binaural recording so if you have headphones put them on now as we ride ‘it’s a small world’ holiday at Disneyland!
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2020 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco