The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Magic Kingdom – Attraction Checklist #92
http://www.attractionchecklist.com – Let’s visit the Hundred Acre Wood on The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom! Recorded on October 26, 2016.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
I realized it had been many episodes since we’d visited Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom so that’s where we are going this episode! We are off to Fantasyland to ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh! The guide map describes this attraction by saying: Travel through the Hundred Acre Wood in an oversized Hunny Pot. There are no age or height requirements for this attraction and the Thrill Level describes it a Slow Ride.
Before we get blown away on a blustery day, here are five fast facts about The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
1. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh opened at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom on June 4, 1999.
2. The attraction replaced the incredibly popular Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride that had been an opening day attraction at Magic Kingdom. Small nods to Mr. Toad are included in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh including a painting in Owl’s house showing Mr. Toad handing a deed over to Winnie the Pooh.
3. The ride vehicles for the attraction are motion enhanced. This allows for a ‘floating’ sensation the rain scene and the bouncing sensation when Tigger appears.
4. Many Voiceover legends plays parts in this attraction including Jim Cummings as Pooh, Tress MacNeille as Kanga and Paul Winchell as Tigger. This would be Winchell’s last performance of Tigger before he retired in 1999.
5. In 2010, the attraction was given a brand new queue area that features several interactive elements to occupy guests as they wait. Included in this is a treehouse play area. Guests who look closely at the carvings in the tree can spot a Nautilus submarine! A tribute to the classic 2000 Leagues Under The Seas attraction.
Now let’s ride The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh at Magic Kingdom. After the ride I’ll give you my thoughts on this attraction. This is a binaural recording so if you have headphones put them on now as we head to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom to ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh!
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2020 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco