Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage – Disneyland – Attraction Checklist #70
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 23:01 — 15.9MB) | Embed
http://www.attractionchecklist.com – This episode Suzie and I head to Disneyland to ride and review Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage! Recorded on February 7, 2019.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
This episode Suzie and I visit Disneyland to ride the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. Located in Tomorrowland, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is described on the Disneyland website by saying: Journey into the charming world of Disney·Pixar’s Finding Nemo on a gentle undersea expedition. There are no age or height requirements for this attraction and the Thrill Level describes the ride as being a slow water ride that is Dark and Loud.
Before we dive somewhere beyond the sea, here are five fast facts about the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.
1. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage opened officially on June 11, 2007. It was a retime of the classic Submarine Voyage attraction that operated at the park from 1959 to 1998.
2. After the original Submarine Voyage was closed, sever different ideas for retheming the attraction around Disney properties were developed. These included rides based on Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet and even The Little Mermaid. Around 2004, the decision was made to give the ride a theme based on the Disney·Pixar film, Finding Nemo.
3. The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage attraction holds a whopping 6,300,000 gallons of water!
4. The rides eight submarine vehicles are original to the 1959 Submarine Voyage attraction. When the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage opened in 2007, all but one of the submarines were renamed. The one that remained the same was the Nautilus.
5. Listen carefully to the Captain’s spiel at the end of the ride. He mentions surfacing before we have a run-in with a sea-serpent or an encounter with a mermaid. These are tributes to the classic Submarine Voyage attraction where both of those fantastical events took place.
Now let’s climb aboard our submarine and see if we can find Nemo and friends. Suzie is along for the ride and after the voyage we’ll give you our thoughts on this attraction. This is a binaural recording so if you have headphones put them on now as we experience Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland.
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
WALT DISNEY WORLD WEBSITE
Show ©2019 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco