Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid – Magic Kingdom – Attraction Checklist #035
http://www.attractionchecklist.com – Let’s head to Magic Kingdom and visit Ariel on Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid. John B. deHaas is along for the ride and we discuss our thoughts on this attraction after we ride. Recorded on October 27, 2016.
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
It’s time to head to Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom and visit with Ariel on Under The Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid. The Magic Kingdom guide map describes the ride by saying, “Descend below the waves for a splashy musical adventure.” There are no age or height requirements for this attraction and the Thrill Level describes the ride as being a Slow Ride. FastPass+ is available for this attraction
Before we begin flipping our fins, here are five fast facts about Under the Seas – Journey of the Little Mermaid at Magic Kingdom.
1. Under the Sea – Journey of The Little Mermaid officially opened at Magic Kingdom on December 6, 2012. It was built on the site of the former 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction. Before that classic ride was removed, imagineers saved several jars of water from the 20,000 Leagues lagoon. In a special ceremony with The Little Mermaid attraction opened, the water they’d save was aded back into the new water features as a nod to the original ride at that location.
2. With a ride length of 5 1/2 minutes, Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid is one of the longer rides in Fantasyland. It also boasts an interactive queue area where guests can help crabs sort out Ariel’s thingamabobs while they wait to ride the attraction.
3. Original Little Mermaid stars Jodi Benson and Pat Carrol lend their voices to Ariel and Ursula on the attraction while Phillip Lawrence provides the voice of Sebastion and Chris Edgerly voices Scuttle.
4. The attraction reportedly boasts over 180 characters! Most of them, around 120 characters, are featured in the Under the Sea sequence of the ride.
5. Finally, if you’re a fan of finding hidden Mickeys in the Disney parks, this attraction boasts one of the most unique Hidden Mickeys ever. Imagineers constructed the rocks outside the queue for the attraction in such a way that the sun creates a Hidden Mickey only once a year at noon on November 18th, Mickey Mouse’s Birthday!
Let’s hop aboard our clamshell to a pay a visit to Ariel and friends. Along for the ride is John B. deHaas and he and I will discuss our thoughts on this attraction after the ride audio. This is a binaural recording so if you have headphones put them on now as we experience, Magic Kingdom’s Under the Sea – The Journey of the Little Mermaid.
WALT DISNEY WORLD WEBSITE
Show ©2017 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco