Main Street Electrical Parade Premire – Disneyland – Attraction Checklist #016
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 36:33 — 27.6MB) | Embed
http://www.attractionchecklist.com – The Main Street Electrical Parade has made it’s triumphant return to Disneyland and Attraction Checklist was there! On this episode you’ll hear audio recorded on January 19, 2017, the night the parade made its big return! Joining the fun is Paul of Window to the Magic – http://www.windowtothemagic.com – and after the parade we give you our thoughts on this returning attraction!
Bonus content for this episode is available to the Saturday Morning Media Patreon Patrons. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Intro Bumper by Paul of the Window to the Magic – http://www.windowtothemagic.com
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
This time we’ve got something every special for you, the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade to Disneyland park! This audio was recorded on January 19, 2017 as the parade made it’s return to it’s birthplace at a special premiere event. The parade is currently describe in the guide by saying Catch this classic nighttime parade filled with fanciful floats and toe-tappin’ tunes for a limited time―it fades away June 18, 2017! As this is a parade, it is open to all ages and there is no height requirement, though if you want to see the parade up front you’ll want to snag a viewing spot along the parade route early.
Before we experience this spectacular festival pagent of nighttime magic and imagination.
1. The Main Street Electrical Parade debuted at Disneyland on June 17, 1972 and it ran at the park until November 25, 1996.
2. The parade was created to be a West Coast version of the Electrical Water Pageant that has run at Walt Disney World in Florida since October 26, 1971. The Water Pagent features barges with light up screens depicting a sea serpent, jumping dolphins, a turtle and more. Instead of traveling down Main Street, these floats travel on barges on the Seven Seas Lagoon.
3. According to then director of show development Ronald Miziker, all 500,000 light bulbs in the original parade needed to be hand-tinted which required dipping each on in the appropriate colored paint.
4. The Main Street Electrical parade is known for its iconic music. The underlying theme is called Baroque Hoedown and was originally created by early synthesizer pioneers Jean-Jaques Perrey and Gershon Kingsley.
5. The Main Street Electrical parade was the firs tin Disney Park history to use an automated parade show control program that allowed the parade route to have different radio activated zones that allowed for float specific music and sound to be triggered as the floats passed by. This si a technique still used in Disney parks today.
Now it’s time to sit back and enjoy the return of the Main Street Electrical parade as it returns to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years. Watching the parade with me is the man who inspired this very podcast you’re listening to, Window To the Magic’s Paul Barrie and after the parade we will discuss out thoughts on this returning attraction. Once again, this is a binaural recording so if you have headphones put them in as we enjoy the Main Street Electrical Parade!
Show ©2017 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco