Jingle Cruise – Disneyland – Attraction Checklist #013
http://www.attractionchecklist.com – It’s holiday time at Disneyland and that means it’s time for a holiday themed trip into the jungle as we ride the Jingle Cruise! Hear five fast facts about this attraction and then listen in as Skipper Stephanie takes us for a cruise around the jungle! We welcome your thoughts over at the Attraction Checklist Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/attractionchecklist. Audio recorded on November 24, 2016, middle seat.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
On today’s episode we head in to the Jungle during Christmas as we ride Disneyland’s Jingle Cruise.
Located in Adventureland, the Jingle Cruise is a seasonal overlay of the World Famous Jungle Cruise attraction. This special holiday version of this attraction is described in the guide map in the following manner: Come aboard for one ‘wild’ yuletide ride! This iconic safari boat cruise features hilarious holiday surprises around every turn. There are no age or height restrictions for this ride and the Thrill Level describes the ride as being Loud, a water ride and a slow ride.
Before we see head out to see the backside of water, here are five fast facts about the Jingle Cruise at Disneyland.
- The Jingle Cruise debuted at Disneyland on November 12, 2013. That year also saw the Jingle Cruise come to the Walt Disney World version of the attraction as well.
- The first year of the Jingle Cruise saw very little change to the Jungle itself. The boats and boathouse were decorated for the holidays but aside from some holiday themed jokes, the jungle remained untouched. In 2014, the overlay was changed dramatically. There are very little decorations in the boathouse as now, according to the storyline, the shipment of holiday decorating supplies has been lost in the jungle! Skippers are taking their crews out into the jungle to find out what happened to the to find the supplies!
- Each of the boats receives a temporary new name during the Jingle Cruise Overlay. Some of the new names include the Navidad Adventuress, Hannukah Hattie and Yuletide Lotus,
- During the Jingle Cruise overlay, even the skippers are redecorated! You’ll see many of them have swapped out their usually Jungle Cruise hats for jungle themed santa clause hats.
- The Jingle Cruise is not just a visual overlay. During one scene on the attraction involving baking supplies, delicious scents are pumped into the air to make the scene complete.
Well, let’s now head out into the jungle and see if we can’t locate the missing supplies. Suzie is along for the ride today and after the ride audio we’ll give our thoughts on this holiday attraction. This is a binaural recording so if you have headphones, put them on now as we are about to ride the Jingle Cruise at Disneyland.
This show is not affiliated or endorsed by the Walt Disney Company. It is for entertainment purposes only.
Show ©2016 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco