The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – Disney California Adventure – Attraction Checklist #004
It’s time to drop in on the Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure before it is lost in the Twilight Zone forever! Ride along with Grant and hear his thoughts on this classic California Adventure attraction and it’s proposed (now confirmed) update to Guardians of the Galaxy BREAKOUT!
Binaural audio recorded on July 14, 2016, front row.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
This episode takes us to Disney California Adventure to take one last ride on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
Located in the Hollywood Land section of the park, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is described in the guide map by saying Drop In if you Dare and take the elevator ride of your life! Guests must be 40” or taller to ride and this is a FastPass attraction. The Thrill Lever describes the ride as Loud, Dark, Scary, and a Thrill Ride with Big Drops. All of those things are certainly true.
Before we take our service elevator ride, let’s check out five fast facts about The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror opened at Disney California Adventure on May 5, 2004. Following in the footsteps of the version of the attraction in Florida at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the attraction in California used updated technology and a streamlined load system that moves guests through quicker.
- The Storyline of the attraction sets the date as October 31, 1939 and to guests who enter the Hollywood Tower Hotel, it appears as if the hotel has become frozen in time on that night.
- The clip of Rod Serling that is shown in the Library pre-show area is from the Twilight Zone episode It’s A Good Life, the voice of Rod Serling, who passed away in 1975 is provided by Mark Silverman.
- Spread throughout the queue of the attraction are several easter egg style reference to the original Twilight Zone television series. These include the fortune telling machine from the episode Nick
- On July 23, 2016, Disney and Marvel announced that the The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is going to be transformed into Guardians of the Galaxy Breakout in an attraction that will debut in Summer of 2017. When the audio for this episode was recorded, this was all still a rumor but I still touch on it in my thoughts on the attraction after the ride audio.
Also, there is a little editing of the audio during this episode to help cut down on your wait tim to board the attraction. Don’t fear though, I’ve left in all the good stuff. After the ride audio, I share my thoughts on the attraction and I’d love to hear YOUR thoughts on it as well over at the Attraction Checklist Facebook page at facebook.com/attractionchecklist.. Once again, this is a binaural recording, so if you have headphones put them on now because we are about to experience, Disney California Adventure’s Twilight Zone Tower of Terror!
Mentioned on the show:
Guardians of the Galaxy BREAKOUT! Announcement:
The Dead Body
This show is not affiliated or endorsed by the Walt DIsney Company. It is for entertaiment purposes only.
©2016 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco